Sunday, December 6, 2015

Mission 6: Give a helping hand

Reflect On Yesterday's Mission

Before moving on to your sixth mission, take a moment to reflect on yesterday’s mission. When you created the thank you card yesterday, did it make you see the person in a new way? Were you more aware than usual of how hard this person works, and how much they contribute? How did the person react when you delivered the card? How do you think it impacted this person’s day? Discuss these questions as a class, or break into small groups.

Yes and I do not know because I sent everything via e-mail.  I will know the reactions when I see them.  I feel good connecting to all the do to make my daily routine enjoyable because of their contributions to my day and my safety.  I hope others see me in the same light.
Agents, your sixth mission is to lend a helping-hand to your home or neighborhood!
Ask your parents or guardians how you can help out around your home, and happily do that for them. If you have neighbors who may need a little assistance, ask them with the permission of a parent or guardian if there is anything you can do to be of service to them.

You’ll be surprised at how surprised their reactions are! Your acts of service and kindness will make a big difference for them and make you feel really good, too!
Agents, remember... As you fulfill your mission, share your experiences on theCompassion Report Map! Your report inspires others, amplifying the power of your compassion and generosity!


I am going to be with teens from different neighborhoods and invite them to be intentional at playing this game.  I will see what the students who live in my neighborhood and I can do for our neighbors.  At home, I will organize my home and help my husband recuperate from a bad cold.

Going Deeper:

Many studies show that, nationally, feelings and experiences of neighborliness have been on the decline. Neighborhoods are less a place of community than they once were for many people, where a third of Americans say they never interact with those living closest to them. Yet it takes a village to raise children! In what ways can you reach out to your neighbors to bolster your sense of community, and make your neighborhood a safer and kinder place for children and adults alike?

For Teachers/Parents/Mentors:

Spoiler!

All 11 Missions are available to be viewed here. Use this sneak peak as a way to plan ahead, or to review previous or missed missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment