Saturday, December 5, 2015

Mission 3:: Give Gratitute

Reflect On Yesterday's Mission

Before moving on to your third mission, take a moment to reflect on yesterday’s mission. Was it hard to think about something you’re really good at doing, or something you feel excited about doing? What did you decide to do with your gift for yesterday’s mission? How do you think the person you shared this experience will feel? Discuss these questions as a class, or break into small groups.

I did not think it as a passion.  The e-mail came naturally to me.  I did not receive a reply the same day, but I did not worry how my son and his wife were feeling about my e-mail content because it came from my heart and it was as much to them as to myself.

Their reaction of grateful.  My son called and said keep on sending thoughts like that.
Agents, your third mission is to give your gratitude!

Draw a picture or write a letter for someone in your life who is important to you. Express in your letter why you are grateful for this person. Then, give them the letter the next time you see them. Or better yet, read it out loud to them!
 
Agents, remember... As you fulfill your mission, share your experiences on theCompassion Report Map! Your report inspires others, amplifying the power of your compassion and generosity!

As I was being thankful to Mrs. Seitter, our Art Teacher for many years of art connected to service and for a very special piece of art work for a dear friend, now in heaven, I discovered that the art club was going to deliver Stockings to New World School, a high school for refugees created in 2013.  Mrs Pardue's friend is a teacher at this school.  As I showed my appreciation, I receive the opportunity to meet a group of amazing educators next week and maybe give a real connection to the Pinwheels for Refugee children project.  Giving works in mysterious ways

Going Deeper:


We become very rich when we realize how much there is in our lives to be grateful for. If all we ever focus on is what we don’t have, we can become very unhappy and suffer greatly. This is a glimpse into the power of our mind’s focus! If we train ourselves to focus on what we do have, the natural response is to feel happy, joyful, and thankful. It is a great gift to share your gratitude with  a loved one  because it will naturally remind them what they are thankful for in life - including YOU!

For Teachers/Parents/Mentors:

Spoiler!

All 11 Missions are available to be viewed here. Use this sneak peak as a way to plan ahead, or to review previous or missed missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment